Basin-scale morphodynamics of the River Rhine
January 22, 2020
- Free download of recent article on morphodynamics!
Annual report of the CHR 2018
December 12, 2019
- The annual report of the CHR with a meteorological and hydrological description of the year 2018 in the Rhine basin has been uploaded to the website. You'll find the report under Publications.
Model test site of the flood prevention project RHESI visited
October 24, 2019
- RHESI in Dornbirn (Vorarlberg, Austria)
Going beyond borders...
April 16, 2019
- CHR meeting at the border of the Rhine catchment area by the end of March!
Disappearing glaciers - New study on meltwater in the Rhine
November 5, 2018
- Especially during longer dry periods as in 2018, the importance of meltwater from the Alps is increasing. In a new study, the International Commission for the Hydrology of the Rhine Basin (CHR) has been investigating how the proportion of meltwater from snow and glaciers in the Rhine discharge is developing. This proportion is particularly high in low water periods.
CHR report I-26 'Regulation of Lake Constance' available for download (report in German language)
October 16, 2018
- CHR publishes literature study 'Regulation of Lake Constance – Plans and principles for realisation over two centuries’
Annual report 2017 available for Download
October 16, 2018
- The annual report of the CHR with a meteorological and hydrological description of the year 2017 in the Rhine basin has been uploaded to the website. You'll find the report under Publications.
CHR meeting in the Netherlands (region Kampen/Zwolle)
September 21, 2018
Surprising results while looking at low flows in the river Rhine
July 18, 2018
- ICPR discussed results on analysis in Solothurn (CH)
Benefits for two river basins by hydrological cooperation
May 18, 2018
- Huaihe River Commission (China) and the International Commission for the Hydrology of the Rhine work together
New president CHR in charge
March 27, 2018
- 1st Austrian president at the CHR
Floods in the Rhine
January 12, 2018
- Pictures - in the Netherlands
Low flows in the Rhine
November 3, 2017
- Science met practice in Basel
Morphodynamics of the River Rhine
October 4, 2017
- Sediment budget analysis of the Rhine in the period 1991-2010 - from source to mouth
Annual report 2016 available for Download
September 18, 2017
- The annual report of the CHR with a meteorological and hydrological description of the year 2016 in the Rhine basin has been uploaded to the website. You'll find the report under Publications.
Land flooded - Man before the catastrophe / Report available
August 4, 2017
- Symposium report 'Human Perception of Singular Hydrological Events'. Can be downloaded from our publications page as report nr. II-23
ASG-Rhine-project synthesis report
February 27, 2017
- The ASG-Rhine project quantified for the first time the daily parts of the discharge components from rain, snow melt and ice melt over a time period from 1991 to 2006 for the whole Rhine catchment. erstmalig die täglichen Anteile der Abflusskomponenten aus Regen, Schneeschmelze und Gletschereisschmelze über den langen Zeitraum von 1901 bis 2006 für das gesamte Rheingebiet.
Rhine-exhibition in the Bundeskunsthalle, Bonn
November 2, 2016
Online-Map of Switzerland - annual & actual data
August 18, 2016
- Ideal basis for applications of economy, science, adminstration and for the public
Heavy rain and floods in Rhineland-Palatinate in May/June 2016
August 10, 2016
- Water level prediction in small river catchments is still a challenge